Monday, June 8, 2015

Director Talks About POWER RANGERS Script


Though the film was recently delayed eight months, pre-production continues on Lionsgate’s reboot of the TV series “Power Rangers” which has Project Almanac‘s Dean Israelite set to direct. IGN recently caught up with Israelite and asked him about the project, the script for which he had high praise.
“I read the script and was really surprised by it and thought there was a really cool, contemporary, mature but still playful, buoyant and fun take on the material, and was updated in a really interesting way. It had this wonderful character that’s essential to going on a fantastic adventure. I was instantly drawn to it. I remember it as a kid. I grew up with it in South Africa. When I opened the script I had no idea how it was going to be updated, and I was really impressed by it. So I put a really big presentation together, because I needed to win the job. There were a lot of guys going out for it and saw the potential in it, so I put a really big presentation together and was lucky enough to get the job. We’re in sort of a soft pre-production right now, doing a lot of design work and reimagining the world. It’s really cool and exciting.”

No comments:

Post a Comment