Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Snoop Dogg, Dogg Pound React To Nate Dogg's Death

From MTV.com

Singer Nate Dogg has passed away at the age of 41. According to family members, the singer passed late last night. The news was initially reported by Long Beach, Calif. newspaper the Press-Telegram. While the cause of his death remains unclear the infamous hook singer had been recovering from two massive strokes he suffered over the past years.
The Long Beach native made a name for himself in the rap game on Dr. Dre’s classic album The Chronic followed by a breakthrough performance alongside Warren G on the smash record "Regulate." Nate went on to release numerous solo albums including G-Funk Classics Vol. 1 & 2 followed up in late 2001 with Music & Me and the latest self-titled solo album Nate Dogg. Nate also made a scene stealing appearance on producer Mark Ronson’s "Ooh Wee" that also featured Ghostface Killah.
Following news of Nate's passing Hip-Hop artists reflected on the man who's iconic sound will always be remembered.
"There is a certain void in hip hop's heart that can never be filled.Glad we got to make history together. RT @SnoopDogg: RIP NATE DOGG" rapper Ludacris tweeted who worked withe Nate on his single "Area Codes."
"I lost a friend" an emotional Game tweeted. "Been here before. Tears. Memories. One day someone will lose "US" as well. LIVING until that day comes is our only option. R.I.P. Nate Dogg. Why does it take Death to remind us about the importance of life ??? Cherish every moment cuz tomorrow he mite call your #."
The news appeared to hit both Snoop Dogg and DPG member Daz the hardest.
"We lost a true legend n hip hop n rnb" Snoop tweeted. "One of my best friends n a brother to me since 1986 when I was a sophomore at poly high where we met. I love u buddy luv. U will always b wit me 4ever n a day u put the g n g funk u put the 1 n 213 n u put yo stamp on evrybdy u ever didit wit."
"I miss u cuzz I am so sad but so happy I got to grow up wit u and I will c u again n heaven cuz u know d slogan" Snoop continued. "all doggs go to heaven yo homie n baby brotha bigg snoopdogg!!"
"R.I.P. TO MY HOMEBOY NATE DOGG DPGC DOGG POUND GANGSTA 4 LIFE" tweeted Daz.
"We love you Nate Dogg, it's never going to be the same" West Coast rapper Xzibit added.
"Nate Dogg... freshness period. rest in beats" singer Erykah Badu tweeted.
"Moment of silence for a hip-hop legend; RIP Nate Dogg" comedian Dave Chappelle tweted. "You will be missed, G Funk Era forever. #natedogg."
"I have always said that Nate Dogg is the Marvin Gaye my lifetime. G funk classics vol 1 & 2 RIP #NATEDOGG" rapper Murs tweeted.
"What I wouldn't give to hear him say "Roll One" just one more time" producer and friend Fred Wreck tweeted. "To the world you were a legend but to me you were my friend. iLuvUNate"
Another Cali based producer DJ Pooh called in to LA radio station KDAY to share his thoughts on the singer following news of his death. "I aint got too much to say, i'm just feeling bad for his family and the dpg family" said Pooh. "Nate was a friend of mine, nothing but love. I'm just sad. I just wanna send my love out to his family, kids, and to Snoop Dogg, Warren G and DPG."
Early this morning Nate Dogg's sibling Samuel also phoned in to KDAY thanking fans for their sentiments. According to Sam, he says he was feeling numb at the moment and that his brother had been struggling for the past three years due to his illness. Sam declined to speak on how Nate passed but said a more formal statement would be released at a later date. Rapper Snoop Dogg called in to KDAY as well but spoke privately off air.
Rest in peace Nate Dogg. You will be truly missed.



No comments:

Post a Comment